LabCorp and its Specialty Testing Group, a fully integrated portfolio of specialty and esoteric testing laboratories.
Wellness assessments provide an opportunity for you to counsel patients about preventive care.1-7
High Risk Groups
Cholesterol (Lipid profile)
Colorectal cancer screening, for those with family history of familial adenomatous polyposis or 8 years after the start of pancolitis
Hemoglobin level assessment
Hepatitis B virus testing
Hepatitis C virus testing
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
Sexually transmitted infection
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Annual Women’s Health Care/Well Woman Recommendations. https://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/ACOG-Departments/Annual-Womens-Health-Ca...
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Revised Recommendations for HIV Testing of Adults, Adolescents, and Pregnant Women in Health-care Settings. Sept 22, 2006/55(RR14);1-17. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5514a1.htm
- 2019 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. Accessed August 12, 2019. Available at https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/suppl/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000678
- US Preventative Services Task Force. Screening for thyroid dysfunction: Recommendation statement. Am Fam Physician. 2015;91(11):790A-F
- National Osteoporosis Foundation. What women need to know. Accessed August 12, 2019. Available at https://www.nof.org/preventing-fractures/general-facts/what-women-need-t...
- Nicolle LE, Bradley S, Colgan R, Rice JC, Schaeffer A, Hooton TM. Infectious Disease Society of America. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of asymptomatic bacteriuria in adults. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;40:642-54
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Syphilis – CDC Fact Sheet (Detailed). Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Dept of Health and Human Services; 2017. https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-syphilis-detailed.htm; last updated: February 13, 2017. Accessed January 3, 2018