LabCorp and its Specialty Testing Group, a fully integrated portfolio of specialty and esoteric testing laboratories.
Wellness assessments provide an opportunity for you to counsel patients about preventive care.1-7
- Age 21-29: Screen every 3 years’ cytology alone
- Age 30 and older: Preferred – Co-test cytology and HPV screening every 5 years
- Option – Screen with cytology alone every 3 years
Chlamydia and Gonorrhea test (24 years and younger)
Genetic testing / counseling: SMA, CF and assessment for risk of hemoglobinopathy women considering pregnancy
Human immunodeficiency virus (sexually active)
High Risk Groups
Colorectal cancer screening
Cholesterol (Lipid profile)
Genetic testing / counseling (Fragile X, Tay-Sachs disease)
Hemoglobin level assessment
Hepatitis C virus testing
Sexually transmitted infection testing
Thyroid Stimulating hormone
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Annual Women’s Health Care/Well Woman Recommendations. https://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/ACOG-Departments/Annual-Womens-Health-Ca...
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Revised Recommendations for HIV Testing of Adults, Adolescents, and Pregnant Women in Health-care Settings. Sept 22, 2006/55(RR14);1-17. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5514a1.htm
- 2019 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. Accessed August 12, 2019. Available at https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/suppl/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000678
- US Preventative Services Task Force. Screening for thyroid dysfunction: Recommendation statement. Am Fam Physician. 2015;91(11):790A-F
- National Osteoporosis Foundation. What women need to know. Accessed August 12, 2019. Available at https://www.nof.org/preventing-fractures/general-facts/what-women-need-t....
- Nicolle LE, Bradley S, Colgan R, Rice JC, Schaeffer A, Hooton TM. Infectious Disease Society of America. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of asymptomatic bacteriuria in adults. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;40:642-54
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Syphilis – CDC Fact Sheet (Detailed). Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Dept of Health and Human Services; 2017. https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-syphilis-detailed.htm last updated: February 13, 2017. Accessed January 3, 2018