LabCorp and its Specialty Testing Group, a fully integrated portfolio of specialty and esoteric testing laboratories.
Together, you and your genetic counselor may:
- Evaluate your family history and consider how your family and medical histories may help determine the likelihood that a particular disease would occur
- Review basic genetic concepts including how chromosomes, genes and DNA influence health
- Discuss inherited diseases and conditions and the chance that they might affect you or your family
- Explore which genetic tests may be right for you and what those tests may tell you along with the benefits and possible limitations of the testing
- Review results of genetic testing
- Help provide support that can be needed when genetic information presents difficult health care decisions
Genetic education videos
Learn more about genetic testing options including carrier screening, prenatal and hereditary cancer testing options by watching informative educational videos.