LabCorp and its Specialty Testing Group, a fully integrated portfolio of specialty and esoteric testing laboratories.
Reveal SNP Microarray
The Reveal® SNP Microarray POC (products of conception) test offered by Integrated Genetics may help you to understand why your pregnancy loss occurred and your potential risk in future pregnancies. Reveal POC uses advanced technology called 'microarray' to analyze tissue from a miscarriage or termination for various types of chromosome abnormalities.
Reveal POC can detect
- An extra or missing chromosome, called aneuploidy
- Extra or missing pieces of chromosomes, called duplications or deletions
- Whether a pair of chromosomes came from just one parent instead of both parents, called uniparental disomy
- If there are other more subtle chromosomal differences associated with a genetic disorder
In some cases—and especially for those who have experienced more than one pregnancy loss—additional information may be found during the first trimester of a future pregnancy through testing such as NIPT.
- Van den Berg M MJ, Van Maarle MC, Van Wely M, et al. Genetics of early miscarriage. Biochim et Biophys Acta. 2012; 1951-1959. doi: 10.1016/j. bbadis.2012.07.001.
- Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Miscarriage. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pregnancy-loss-miscarriage/symptoms-causes/syc-20354298?p=1. Date accessed June 24, 2019.
- Horsager-Boehrer R. It’s not your fault: Understanding miscarriage. University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. June 2015. https://utswmed.org/medblog/understanding-miscarriage/. Date accessed August 13, 2019.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. The Use of Chromosomal Microarray Analysis in Prenatal Diagnosis. Committee Opinion No. 581 (2013). Obstet Gynecol. 2013;122(6):1374-77 doi: 10.1097/01. AOG.0000438962.16108.d1